This Remembrance Day with the focus on poppies it seemed appropriate to share what the poppy symbolizes in the language of flowers.
For many cultures, the Poppy is a symbol of:
- Restful sleep and recovery
- Consolation for a loss or death in the family
- Remembering – the fallen of various wars and armed conflicts
- A lively imagination
- Peace in death
- Messages delivered in dreams
- Resurrection and eternal life
- Beauty and success
- Extravagance and luxury
The symbolism of the Poppy varies greatly from country to country, but most of them share at least one or two common meanings for this particular flower.