The market place is full of competency and behavioral assessments that assist managers in discovering their core strengths. The list below is a sampling. On review which competencies are your strong suits? From that, which are the ones that can be improved upon? Lastly what would add or take away from the list?
- Action Oriented – Seizing more opportunities than others is customary
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Making decisions and acing without having the total picture is usual
- Approachability – Generally gracious and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others
- Business Acumen – The ability to deploy strategies and tactics that work in the marketplace
- Genuine Compassion – Monitors workloads and appreciates extra effort
- Comfort Around Executives – Comfortable in dealing with and addressing more senior managers
- Command Skills – Faces adversity head on and is energized by tough challenges
- Composure – Mature and can be counted on to hold things together during tough times
- Managerial Courage – Takes negative action when necessary
- Managing and Measuring Work – Sets clear objectives and measures.
Marie-Helene Sakowski – Business Consultant Chane & Transition – firstname.lastname@example.org